Mac OSX on a Xbox!!

This isn't putting os x on an xbox. This is emulating os x on an x box. They just ran a ppc emulator within linux.

no, they're running os x on an xbox. They're emulating the ppc. Just because it's not running as the "native operating system" doesn't mean it's not running =)

Not running well or usable at all is a different story...

Well... Whatever the definition of this project, I think it's quite useless until some decent speed can be achieved. And I don't see that happen anytime soon. It's maybe a nice sideproject for some people to have a "working" PPC emulator "running" OS X, but even if they get it to run on a modern PC like a quarter of the speed of an original iMac...

What I'm saying is that its not like they were able to somehow tweak things to get os x running. They were able to tweak things to get the emulator running.

You can do the same thing on your mac. Install virtual pc, then pearpc, then os x. big whup.

It's a hobby, I guess. Not much to do with getting actual work done with it or getting something useful out of it. Much like when I had this idea of giving my Colour Classic the maximum amount of VRAM and a bigger harddrive. I didn't actually use the machine _before_ that change, and after it, I still don't. But it's nice to know that I _could_ at least get some writer's work done on the baby, and it's still very warm feelings that take me back when I start it up, hear its chime and see some stuff that I was working on more than a decade ago.

Word from developers with pre-release XBox II's is that they are PPC systems... So wouldn't that mean that a PPC emulator would be unncessary?

;)

Back