mac to pc

PippinX

Registered
I have a Mac running 10.4.7 and a PC running Windows XP. I can access my Mac from my PC, I can delete files, move files on the Mac from the PC but I can't access the PC from the Mac. WHat's wrong? I've tried the connect to server but I can never access the PC from the Mac. It used to ask for username/password but it always said 'wrong username or password", I've messed up a lot and now it doesn't ask anymore, nothing happens.

'It used to ask for username/password but it always said 'wrong username or password", I've messed up a lot and now it doesn't ask anymore, nothing happens.' - you need to (re-)configure the PC's Windoze to allow file sharing.

Also, consider opening the '~/Library/Recent Servers/' folder, moving its contents to the 'Desktop', and attempt to mount the PC onto your Mac's 'Desktop'.

Can you tell more detail please? I've enabled file sharing on my PC, both partitions are "maximum allowed"...

here is a pic on my PC:

That's quite a nifty IP address...

Essentially, isn't your problem solved? You can exchange files to the Mac from the PC and vice versa. This process tends to get real finicky if it doesn't work properly to begin with.

I can control the Mac from the PC but not vice versa. On the PC I just search for the Mac then enter username and password and I can see files in the Mac but my Mac never sees the PC!

Back