Mac won't turn on! HELP!

DGNMRWRW

Registered
WHen I try to start my Power Mac G4, the light on the tower button and on the display both flash on once, then immediately go back out. However, the hard drive sounds like it's spinning for about 15 seconds, then IT quits. The fan runs continuously.... Nothing ever comes up on the screen. What is going on here?? Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I can't even get it to eject a CD at startup or anything. I'm freakin' out here...

Open, take memory out and back in, restart.
Open take graphic card out, back in, restart. (did you try to over-clock your graphic card ? if this is the problem, the only way out is to have another card !)

There's a small pin hole under the CD tray. Push a paper clip (straightened) into that and it should eject the CD, or restart holding the mouse button down. If it's an OS CD, try holding the C key at boot and see if it will boot off that.
If not, the first thing I would do is change the clock battery, on the logic board.

chevy, i tried all of that, no dice. i haven't overclocked anything. could this be a bad battery? it's a powermac g4, and it's almost 4 years old

Assuming it is a bad battery, could this be fixed simply by purchasing a new one and replacing the old one on the locig board?

Back