MacAddict... ?

Originally posted by Hervé Hinnekens
Hello, Mac Brain!

Hello herve! it is great to be back. YOU BETTER WATCH IT. you last post. I got kicked off for posts like that. *(%@#*&^%Q#*&$^%$*&#^

One thing I like about MacAddict is their little guy named "Max". I like the forum smilies a lot better over there. Not saying that they're bad here, but they're just boring here. :rolleyes:

I definately agree that their website sucks more and more everytime I think about it.

April 2002 MacAddict... I want my fricken money back. April fools jokes are crappy. MacOSX vs XP article is stupid as hell. It was so dumb, I wanted windows XP while reading it.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts. This was the issue I decided to not resubscribe. The Mac OS X vs. Windows XP article was embarrasing.

i used to buy their magazines whne i was a mac newbe, i loved them actualy (2years ago) and they made the whole macworld so much fun, their articles were funnier copared to macworld and that is the main reason i bought it, now they don't appeal to me because i know everythng they are going to talk about in the magazine month before, and well, it just gets boring after awhile, anyway where is press3 newsletter i've been hearing about? howw does it work?

they do not actually work at MacAddict. They just mess around all day. I mean... just watch the stupid staff movies. blahhhhh.

HEY ! MacAddict issue 69 is not bad! good networking article. And a free sound app. And they said Adobe InDesign is better than Quark X-Press. AHAHAHAH. good job MacAddict. I hope Quark dies.

nummi, you are wrong, or macaddict is wrong, quark is better than indesign. indesign is ms office of layout apps, bloated and slow. try quark in os 9 and indesign in os 9 and you will see what i mean, quark is a smooth ride, indesign is moneyware.

Originally posted by vic
nummi, you are wrong, or macaddict is wrong, quark is better than indesign. indesign is ms office of layout apps, bloated and slow. try quark in os 9 and indesign in os 9 and you will see what i mean, quark is a smooth ride, indesign is moneyware.

I have XPress 4.0. I do not think I will get 5.0 It is not out for OS X. that is what I want now. It is time to leave OS9. Right now... I think XPress is better than Indesign. But I want Adobe to come out on top.

no you don;t u dont want adobe to come on top, not when they will charge you 500+ dollars for their products.. oh wait... nevermind - admit it adobe has a monopoly in the graphics industry and they are slowly but surely startng to price thei products acordingly.

macromedia is web adobe is print. two diffenet markets. quark costs a lot, but if quark dies, which is what some people have sid they wished around her, the adobe will start chargin as much. they just need converts now. see so indesigns price is low because of compewtition, so you should with for even more companies to come up with good publishing products. then prices wil be even lower. makes sense?

Yes... you do make sense. I just wish the evil suits (business men) were not in control of Adobe.... or any company.

I personally like MacAddict, here are my reasons why.

1. The CD.

2. They write on the level of the intermediate and beginner user. Most who subscribe to the magazine are not "power users" like most of us.

3. They write about many things I already know, but sometimes they write about something that is new to me, and it peaks my interest. Many times I have become aware of something because it was featured in an article.

4. It brings variety to the Mac publishing world. (As previously mentioned.)

5. And last but not least on my short list: They print what they want, the way they want, and don't care one snit about what anybody else thinks. I agree that most of the time the design is bad, and the commentaries and articles are on the vapid side, but they do it with such irreverence and disdain of what is "acceptable" by the computing society at large, that it's a blast to read. Could you imagine working in a place that is secure enough with itself to actually let their employees act in such a manner. Most of us would dream of being in that type of environment.

</rant>

Yeah... that is a reason I want to get into graphic design. At my Dad's work... they just mess around ALL day. they come in late.. bring their dogs to work... just leave for lunch without telling anyone... download MP3s all day on the T1 line. that is great. if you love you job, you will not work a day in your life.

But you have to admit, MacAddcit spits out a lot of worthless crap.

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
At my Dad's work... they just mess around ALL day. they come in late.. bring their dogs to work... just leave for lunch without telling anyone... download MP3s all day on the T1 line. that is great.
Great for who? Certainly not the business. :rolleyes:

They must do some work…

I just wanted to say that the new MacAddict (july 2002) is much better with their design/layout. And the holder for the CD is cool. I like the font. Anyone know what font that is. The font they used for "MAYA", "PAINTER 7", and "FLASH MX" ???

Now they just need to at least fix the colors on their web site. :)

Back