Macbook Air Bootcamp issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaijinmaru

Registered
Hello,

I have an Air, as stated in the title, have updated OS to 10.5.5 update 2, firmware update to 1.0.0, have a retail XP SP2 install disc, started the assistant and split the HDD evenly, roughly 37 GB per partition, partitioning went through fine. Put my install disk in and it recognized on the computer. Hit the "install" button and the computer rebooted, initially I had OSX 10.5, and that got a blinking folder with a question mark in it when it tried to install. I updated the OS to the 10.5.5 update 2, tried again, and now it hangs at the mac screen with the logo in the middle. No black screen has ever come up that I have seen people talk about. Tried holding down C, no change, held down option on boot after hitting install, and selecting the XP disc, no change. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I am using an LG external drive through USB port with the Air to get the install disc to recognize.

Last edited:
The Disc used has been used many times on multiple computers, and works fine to boot from, have used this LG external drive to install OSX on the Air, so there is no compatibility issue in booting from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back