Macbook and Netgear Problem?

Spedprof

Registered
Folks,

Running a PC with a cablemodem and a Netgear MR814v2 router. All worked fine for the 6 months I have a new Macbook on the network. About ten days ago, when i started Macbook, it found and connected to the network, but could not get into Net. It also killed the PC's ability to access net, although connection stayed OK. Even turning on Macbook without PC on fails to get to net and kills network. Solutions so far is to reboot cablemodem and router which works for PC but still not Macbook. Even got a new cablemodem but no help.

Network Diagnostic on Macbook no help, although when it tries to join network, it asks for password, which it already has and uses when first turned on, and even when entered during diagnostic, doesn't help.

Netgear problem?? Macbook setting problem?

Thanks in advance.

Spedprof

There seems to be a lot of people having issues with this router. I would check for any updates to the router, then reset it, and create a new configuration. You can also try creating a new location in your network preferences, and re-entering the required information.

Back