MacBook and "right-click"

nemac

Registered
I just received a message from Apple in which they mention that you can access the built in dictionary by doing a "right-click". Only problem is that since I am new to this operating system I do not know how to do a "right-click". Can anyone help me? I have a MacBook running OS 10.5.2.

TIA

The standard method is to press the "ctrl" key while clicking the trackpad button.
If you have your Trackpad Preferences set, you can also get a right-click by pressing 2 fingers on the trackpad while clicking the button.

jb.

Thank you. When I first bought the laptop, I read something about "right-clicking" but since I had no need for it I did not pursue it. Now that I saw that I needed it to access the dictionary I figured I would look into it.

Thanks again.

Put the mouse over a word, hold down Option+Control + D and you'll get a little definition box for the word. Keep holding the keys down and move the mouse and the box will follow you around from word to word.

(Only works in Cocoa Apps like Safari, TextEdit and so on)

I answer this for Mac Books & MacBook Pros in the other thread!

Just navigate to System Preferences->KeyBoard & Mouse then select the tab TrackPad. There you can enable two finger gestures to do right click and other things to it can do. To easy!

You can also run Dictionary. It's an application in /Applications. To get to it or any other application, double-click your hard drive icon on the Desktop (or in any Finder window) and double-click Applications.

I always drag the Applications folder to my Dock (strip at bottom of screen). Easy to get to what I want.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have fun!

Doug

Back