Macbook concerns

irfaan

Registered
Hi!

My friend and i just recieved new macbooks (yeah!). However, I do have a few concerns:

1) The CD/DVD drive makes alot of noise (weird ones too). The fan is also very noisy. Both machines have the same problem. I am coming from using a powerbook, which the cd dirve was fairly silent.

2) When I checked the shipping, it got shipped from a plant overseas. I have nothing against the contry, or having a plant there, but thought all apple plants were here in America. If they have opened up a new plant, my question is should I be concerned about items first of the floor from a new plant.

Anyone have any concrete thoughts on this? Any macbook owners that can let me know how their machines are doing, and if this is a general issue, or just ones that got shipped from overseas.

My mom got an iBook a while ago and it, too, made a lot of noise. Nothing has broken on it, though, so I assume that that's just normal operating noise. It could be with all slot-loading drives, because my iMac makes a bit of a racket when reading or burning disks.
I think that they've had overseas plants for a while. All products are designed in California, though.

For question #2: Apple has always had plants overseas. Nothing to worry about there.

I got my MacBook a while back, it hasn't been too noisy at all.

In that case, you might want to bring it in to your local Apple Store / Apple Service Provider. The Apple Store will look at it for free.

great... thanks! I will do that for sure!

Am I'm glad to hear that the plant has been open for a while. Like I said, I have no problem with overseas plants, I just had read an article about them needing to open up another plant... didn't want to be the first ones of the plant floor, anywhere.

Does anyone else have noise issues with their CD/DVD drive?

Back