MacBook keyboard not recognised on install

xuratoth

Registered
I am attempting to install WinXP SP2 Pro on my MacBook 2Ghz Core Duo, using Bootcamp 1.2 under Tiger.

I have nothing plugged in except the power cable, yet when Windows gets to the screen asking me to press Enter to install, R to repair or F3 to exit, I get no response from my keyboard at all. (this includes keys such as Caps Lock - the little LED does not light up when the key is pressed)

I understand from other posts that external wireless keyboards are a no-go, and some wired USB keyboards... but the MacBook's own keyboard?!

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did they resolve the issue?

Many thanks.

PS - MacBook is fully up to date with all the latest Tiger updates.

I had issues with my Macbook as well, simply trashing it all again and starting over solved it for me though (that includes doing a full format of my Macbook :s). Might not work for you though the problem seems a bit different.

Also, it will never work properly unless you have a US qwerty keyboard, none of the others are properly supported. Dunno where you're from, but that might be your problem as well. Afaik there are no fixes for this :/

Also, it will never work properly unless you have a US qwerty keyboard, none of the others are properly supported. Dunno where you're from, but that might be your problem as well. Afaik there are no fixes for this :/

UK.

Thanks for the update - I'll skip BootCamp for now then!

Having said that, I notice that BootCamp 1.3beta has improved international keyboard support.

Tempting...

Back