MacBook loses wireless signal at sleep

lilgirlsmommy

Registered
MacBook (intel) . Just had my battery replaced at Apple store - went completely dead and though recharged would not work (battery icon with x). Only mentioning just in case it has anything to do with the following issue:
When ever I put the mac to sleep (close lid or sleep mode - or just on one page too long) I lose my wireless connection. When I attempt to go to a page I get the Network Diagn. window and it runs through and connects. I've been searching the web and it has been suggested that its the firmware update. Don't remember this happening before update.
If true - is there a way to fix if or do we have to wait for Apple to fix bug with next firmware update?
I also have a G4 Titanium 15" laptop that does not have this issue - so it can't be modem.

Sounds like this could be relevant to try :

Mac OS X 10.4.8: AirPort does not auto-connect to existing networks after restart or wake from sleep

After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4.8, some Intel-based computers may not auto-connect to remembered networks that use WPA2 or WEP security.

To restore the auto-connect feature:

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
Select the Network pane.
From the "Show:" drop-down menu, choose "AirPort".
Make sure the "By default, join:" pop-up menu is set to "Preferred networks." (If it was set to "Automatic networks", you can set it back to Automatic after the next step.)
Select any network that shows WPA2 security and use the minus (-) button to remove those networks from the list.
Once all WPA2 networks have been removed from the list, use the plus (+) button to add them back. (You will need the appropriate passwords for the wireless network.) If it's more convenient, you can wait to re-add the networks until you use them—when you use a network, it will be added to the list automatically.
If in step 3, your default was Automatic rather than Preferred, go ahead and change your default back to Automatic.

Back