macbook pro 17 startup problem

tg_barros

Registered
i recently buy a macbook pro 17.
i installed, adobe cs2. freehand and office 2004.
and after installing, i do the os updates and program updates.
After the updates i restart my macbook, and now the mac don´t start.
he only start in safe mode or booting with the Mac OS X Install Disc.
I already try fix the permissions and the disk, but the macbook don´t start.
can someone help me resolve this problem.
it´s a new macbook pro 17?
please help me...

If these are applications you had before for a PowerPC Mac, remember that your MacBook Pro is an Intel Mac which is a completely different architecture. Rosetta will allow you to run these PowerPC-based applications on your Intel Mac, but remember that it's a transitionary solution. None of these applications (to my knowledge, which might not account for anything :p) have Univeral Binaries out yet. A Universal Binary is one that will run natively on both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Macintosh computers. Once these are released, then things should look better.

I recommend reinstalling, but perform the operating system updates first before installing these particular applications. This way you'll know if it's just these applications causing the problems.

In safe boot,

go to [hard drive] / Library / StartupItems /
and if you have anything there, (backup the files to desktop first, then) delete the contents of there. Delete also the [hd] / Library / Caches folder, and restart.

And remove any non-Apple startup items from your system preferences.

i didnt have a problem like that but with my 17 inch MBP after installing CS on boot it would white screen and then flash a folder with a question mark. I called apple care and they had me reset something then restart with Apple+Option+P+R and that fixed my problem, dunno if this will help you?

Back