Macbook pro Battery

Not really, but there are some good external batteries that extend your running time by a factor of 2 or 3 times made by several brands. I haven't had much experience with these, so I can't recommend one, but I've heard they do the job.

Hi,

I think the stock batteries that come with the Macbook Pro are currently the best available, but there will probably be some better ones provided by third parties in the future as battery technology improves - there always are.

You can buy extra batteries from the Apple Store (although these are a bit pricey - I would check on eBay) and you could just carry one or more of these around, and swap them in and out as required.

I have noticed now that you can get airline adapters now to power the machine on aircraft, from the Apple Store, and I'm currently trying to buy an inverter to power mine in the car. When are you finding that it is running out of battery?

Thanks Guys! The downside of having to batterys is that you need to shut it down every time you want to switch. However, it still beats only having one battery

Can anyone suggest a good external battery?

You don't have to shut it down: Simply put it to sleep, switch batteries, wake it up again.

Back