Macbook Pro bootcamp XP Screen resolution

viper55666

Registered
I have a 19" Phillips screen, it works fine in OSX (adjusts to max resolution) but when i use it in XP (Bootcamp) if i use a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 the desktop area is beyond the screen size E.g. have to scroll around to see different parts of the desktop. Ive been told this is because of the overlay settings but don't seem to have option in my ATI settings so it was suggested that i need a new driver but i can't get one from anywhere.
Pls Help

Have you tried editing Video / Screen resolutions within the parallels definition of your virtual machine? Enable custom screen resolutions & add a new size. I was having some weirdness with my macbook pro 17" and I believe I fixed it by adding a custom resolution of 1680 * 1050.

I also unchecked 'allow to change macosx screen resolution' under preferences/Appearance/full screen options - as this was annoying me by shoving my desktop and other windows all over the shop.

Has anyone managed to update the X1600 driver in a windows partition??? ATI website is useless if your a mac user and apple are no help either!

Back