MacBook Pro Sleep Mode Lockups

Yesurbius

Registered
I finally convinced my roommate to switch, and boy did he ever. He bought himself the 2Ghz MacBook Pro model. Everything is nice except for the heat and lockups.

As far as heat, I have been hearing that a lot... its HOT. As for the lockups, we are able to reproduce the problem now:

Set the "Put Display to Sleep" to 1 Min
Set the "Put Computer to SLeep" to 2 Min
Ensure the "Put Hard Disks to Sleep whenever possible" option is checked.

Leave the MacBook pro open and within 30 minutes you'll hear the fans kick in to high gear. The numlock, capslock, etc will work but you will be unable to bring it out of sleep. You'll have to hold down the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down.

We noticed the issue because he leaves his laptop on all night, and in the morning it'd be frozen.

I am curious if anyone else is able to repeat this (ie. its a MacBook Pro issue). Is there a Firmware update for MacBook Pro yet that may resolve sleep issues?

I am having sleep issues too, i am on to my second machine and still the same problem. the display just goes to sleep and then needs to be restarted before it can be used again. This is while i am working on it. - not happy! am going to swap this one for the third macbook - third time lucky i am hoping, and also from a different batch. I would be interested to know some more of your symptoms to establish if it is a similar problem

Back