MacBook Pro + WinXP + headset?

waiting_for_OSX

Registered
I'm using windows XP pro on a MacBook Pro and I can't get my headset to work. I plug it in to the jack on the left hand side of the machine and nothing happens. The sound continues to go through the built-in speakers. Can anyone help me with this?

It's a bug, I hear. Even if you connect headphones only, the sound continues to come out of the internal speakers as well. Moving the thread to the new BootCamp forum.

Does the headset work when you are booted to OS X?

[asking the simple question] - a headset has both a mic plug and a headphone plug. Are you using the correct connectors? (external audio out, and not audio in)
Have you tried another set of headphones?

Got the same problem with my mac mini! When i conenct the headset i still get the sound from the computer AND my headset... So the computer dont mute the internal speaker.

I'm having the same problem, but really do need use of headset while working in collaborative team environments. would love to learn of any tricks to fix this bug...

If you're currently running Win XP on the Intel Macs, it's going to be a bit tough to get those devices that don't work to work properly on the Intel Macs. Yes, you can try drivers for third party devices, but if Windows isn't supporting a certain component that's in the Intel Macs you're still going to have problems. Now, you could use Boot Camp to create the drivers disc for you, but if you already went that route then I don't think there's much that can be done.

Back