Macbook Pro (XP Sound Issue)

iskra

Registered
Alright I have a month old Macbook Pro (2.2ghz,4gb,250gbhdd, 15')

I have set up boot camp and the leopard disk already has all the drivers for the windows XP on it so you just run that and it does it all for you. Pretty sweet imo.

Except for the hitch where it comes to the sound card and drivers has a cry.
When installing the drivers individually by them selfs they return an error message of could not find any supported hardware.

The drivers Leopard are telling me to use is Sigma Tel drivers.

Has anyone else come across a situation like this or i am by myself... Not to mention anyone got any idea how to fix. (Worse Comes to worse I will just plug my USB sound card in and use headphones or desktop Speakers just seems to be a pain in the arse)

I'm in the exact position, the Leopard dvd drivers don't seem to do the job on this one, I have no idea how to solve it but just google and a good attitude won't cut it, mainly because I have only found people posing the problem but so far no solution...

Apple ships those drivers with Boot Camp / Leopard so their driver issue ;)
It will probably be resolved by some future software update for Boot Camp.

Alright I have a month old Macbook Pro (2.2ghz,4gb,250gbhdd, 15')

I have set up boot camp and the leopard disk already has all the drivers for the windows XP on it so you just run that and it does it all for you. Pretty sweet imo.

Except for the hitch where it comes to the sound card and drivers has a cry.
When installing the drivers individually by them selfs they return an error message of could not find any supported hardware.

The drivers Leopard are telling me to use is Sigma Tel drivers.

this is bad news, as I just got a black macbook with the same specs, mostly for the ability to run windows XP using sound programs.

when you say sound card problems, are you talking about the standard soundcard in the macbook, a custom-installed sound card, or some kind of external sound converter that connects through firewire?

I have the same problem. I found another forum that suggests to download the latest version of the realtek audio driver. Well I did that but no change. The sound still doesn't work. Anyone found anything on this yet?

well i bought parallels and a cheap copy of windows XP home version off ebay (avoiding giving microsoft $ as much as possible). i can report that everything basically works fine.

the only issue i have is that cubase and other programs need an ASIO multimedia driver, which i grabbed from asio4all.com. without this driver, cubase would deliver no sound. periodically, usually if i hide parallels, i will get a message that ASIO driver has "lost connection to the soundcard". this is quickly fixed by going to preferences and hitting RESET on the ASIO driver.

other than that, my only complaint is that the programs aren't loud enough coming out of the headphone jack (i'm just doing simple editing on the go, so i'm not using an external D/A converter and amp).

Back