MacBook Pro

I used one for the first time the other day. Very, very nice I must say. You won't be disappointed.

which reminds me: today i've got to negotiate with apple people at an apple store to try and get my ibook G3 700mhz cleared for a free logic board recall replacement. the serial numbers match up as it being eligable, but they also state that the machine has to be less than 3 years old. mine is 4. what are my chances? the logic board has just failed on me out of the blue, and they know it's a faulty one :(

My logic board on my iBook is failing a second time (they replaced the first one). They told me that I would have to pay for repairs - $300. Not worth it when it doesnt provide any more performance.

Joshua

why are they so abysmal? if apple is still making shit motherboards, then they should still be replacing them for free.

you'll love it jhawk28, w00t indeed.

mine arrived just yesterday (see sig) and is the sole reason why I am so tired at work today! Fast as anything, and I installed Boot Camp/WinXP no probs (though I did have to run disk utility to fix some HDD illegal name errors...apparently this happens to a lot of people). DOn't forgot to download OS X to 1.4.6 and install the firmware update.

I found mine pre-installed with TONS of bloatware though, so I did a format. There are half a dozen trial apps and lite versions of apps that you would never use, but you gotta expect that I guess.

Now I just have to wait for After Effects to go universal, in the meantime I have to put up with XP ughh.

Gotta chime in here:
The MBP is the best computer I ever had, easily edging out the dual G5 it replaced. If I were using more non-universal apps I would not be quite as happy, but probably still satisfied.

It is fast. VERY fast!

OK, had to post again. Tonight is the first good play I've had with the MBP and I am very impressed.

I am able to render a 5 second 720x576 3D animation with 1000+ objects, fog, volume light, and motion blur in 3D Studio Max in about 10-15 mintes! that is friggin amazing and takes my PC over an hour (PC is 512 RAM, 1.8Ghz AMD).

Best part is, I can be rendering a scene like the one above while surfing the Web and playing a DVD and I swear the system doesn't drag at all. It's as though nothing was rendering at all.

Back