MacBook slow internet compared 2 Windows

Zijan

Registered
Hello,
I use my MacBook wired in a dorm. I just recently bought it this year and it replaced my Windows Vista desktop computer. My internet is much slower then on my previous windows computer. Downloads 12kbs-45kbs where they were 400kbs-900kbs on windows. Websites load rather slow and streaming videos buffer every 20seconds where they used to have no interruption. I've done quite a bit of research into this problem and have found quite a lot of people with this same issue with their circumstances being in the dorm.
Thank you for your help,
Zijan08@gmail.com

Hi, I attend a university and have internet through the dorms. I came across some information on the web helped. I changed the duplex from half to full which increased the speed drastically. I also changed the DNS servers with the settings given at www.opendns.com which again doubled the speed.
Thanks all the same for the help,I hope this information helps anyone else that might have similar circumstances to myself.

I'm having the same problem, I have a macbook- Mac OS X 2GB and my internet connection within my dorm is terrible. I can't watch any videos and pages take awhile to load (if I can even get any connection to a page). My roommate also has a macbook, yet receives perfect internet connection. Another side note is my hard drive crashed in November, ever since my internet connection, even on other networks, hasn't been what it use to be- but it's ridiculously slow at school more than anywhere else, to the point I've lost my patience with it. I've tried changing some configurations and those haven't helped but I'm open to trying anything to get my internet back to full speed. The AirPort status is completely full, yet the internet doesn't run like it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back