macbook wireless connect through imac

pjo

Registered
still not good with computers so here goes - I have an intel imac version 10.4.11 and a mac book version 10.4.11 - I was successfully accessing the internet from my mac book "wirelessly" through the imac which is using high speed cable - I did not use a router between the two computers - a few months ago my mac book was so slow accessing the internet (worse than dial up) I updated all my software thinking that might be the problem - after that I was unable to access the internet even if the mac book sat right next to the imac - since then I have called mac support and talked to several techs - on the phone for two hours one day alone- and keep getting the same answers one being you can't connect wirelessly but it worked before so I don't understand it - now my mac book setting are all rearranged and I don't have a clue as to how to set them up - a friend of mine did it originally for me and he is out of the country now so I'm stuck and the closest apple retail store and apple genius is a four hour round trip - so I guess I have two problems - one I need walked through the mac book settings to work wirelessly through my imac and then the slow download time if it still happens if I ever get access to the internet - as far as I can tell my imac is still set up to share -

thanks
pjo

Back