macbook with Core 2 Duo?

spgmr2005

Registered
sorry about the title if i misled you into thinking that there is one of those out there..there isn't. i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about apple releasing a macbook with a core 2 duo in the near future. if they're not...i'm perfectly happy with getting a core duo macbook. would be nice, though. i don't think apple will release one in the next two weeks though...lol. any information on this subject would help. thanks.

It might come out sometime between September 12th's "Showtime" announcement and MacWorld Expo next year. That's the best anyone can say. :D

I'm waitiing for a Merom-based MacBook (both Pro and non-Pro) as well before I make the plunge. Hopefully by then, Apple will be using different batteries as well. :p

I would not be suprised to see a Core 2 Duo MacBook by Q4 2006 or Q1 2007. I have a MacBook and love it. (Except for that whole random shut down problem that I had to get fixed.)

NixGeek, only a sampling of the G4 Apple laptops had battery problems. (Bad batch of Sony batteries.)

I would not be suprised to see a Core 2 Duo MacBook by Q4 2006 or Q1 2007. I have a MacBook and love it. (Except for that whole random shut down problem that I had to get fixed.)

NixGeek, only a sampling of the G4 Apple laptops had battery problems. (Bad batch of Sony batteries.)

Surely, but don't forget about the battery swelling some of the MacBook Pros had earlier this year. I don't know if Apple finally resolved this issue though. I haven't heard about that happening to the MacBooks.

I think that we will see one at the apple expo or soon after. I don't think that apple will want to fall off of the top of the line processors. Dell and others already have core 2 duo's in their laptop, so apple should follow shortly behind. Besides its been 9 months since the mac book pro was updated so I got a good feeling about it being very soon. One of the benefits of switching to intel was more frequent updates. Its been 9 months, i think thats good enough for an update.

Well, Apple Expo would be tomorrow. Tomorrow's also the day Apple will introduce movies on iTMS as well as new iPods etc. - It might all fall into place. I don't think Apple can wait too long with Merom-based MacBooks, now that the competition has already started to advertise notebooks with those new processors.

I hope they update to the Core2Duo soon, they're already falling behind on the CPU options.* I'm holding out until they do.

I hope they update to the Core2Duo soon, they're already falling behind on the CPU options.* I'm holding out until they do.

Me too. The second its release i'll prolly buy it. Then again I might wait a week or so to see if they do any processor speed updates like they did for the current mac book pros they released back in january. But defintely getting one and will update you guys on its performance. Hopefully they ironed out the bugs that plagues the 1st gen macbook pro(heat).

Back