MacHeist

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
Surprised I didn't see anybody post anything on this... Has everybody gotten their bundle? At $49, it's a steal. And if you own any of the apps in the bundle, you can gift them to others when you make your purchase.

http://macheist.com/

Well, it's a steal only if you'd actually buy at least three or four of the apps, anyway. ;)

No sweat, I jumped at it.

Delicious Library alone makes it worthwhile, not to mention RapidWeaver and the others. They're all good.

s:)

MacHeist is a great idea. Those guys are really tapping into the Mac community spirit. It's interesting how these same initiatives do not tend to pop up in the Windows community. ]

Not sure if anyone else was following the story after mydreamapp.com finished (mydreamapp from the same people behind MacHeist). Soon after it was over a copycat site "mydreamwindowsapp.com" opened up. It was a horrible flop and never took off at all.

I"m sure this is partly due to the founder being a less-than-nice-person, but even beyond that it seemed to me the windows people just didn't seem to care anyway. I don't want to generalise, and I'm certainly not saying Windows people have no imagination or spirit, I just find it interesting how Windows users tend not to get behind these projects like Mac users do.

Back