Macitosh computers no longer "linked"

hparker

Registered
Two macintosh computers. Hard drive from each is supposed to show up on the others desktop. I have tried computer to connect to server but only the folders show. No hard drives are available for connection. Personal file sharing is turned on.

Personal File Sharing shares files and folders placed in your computer's Shared folder. If you want to share files located elsewhere on your computer, then you need third-party donationware Sharepoints.

Two macintosh computers. Hard drive from each is supposed to show up on the others desktop. I have tried computer to connect to server but only the folders show. No hard drives are available for connection. Personal file sharing is turned on.

When personal file sharing is on, you should see a message at the bottom of the GUI box similar to this: Other Macintosh users can access your computer at afp://10.1.10.96/ or browse for "Q" by choosing Network from the Go menu in the Finder.

Click on Go and connect to server on the finder menu bar, and type in the afp address of the computer you wish to connect to.

Choose the volume or folder you wish to mount and enter your password and the folder or volume will appear on your desktop.

I know this will work because i use this method frequently to transfer files from my powerbook to my powermac.

Back