macko - help mail

edX

mac shaman
well, i guess we need to get around to discussing how we are going to deal with help mail. i've been dealing with them all so far. i don't know if you want to alternate days, weeks, or hours of the day. i'm pretty open. seems like there isn't that much of it really. a bit of a flurry when scott first closed the viewing of forums but not alot since.

I've been dealing with a lot of them also, we've probably been double-teaming some of these people. Anyways I think that trading off weeks would be the least confusing, shall I go first?

yea, because i want as little to do as possible the week of the 22 - 28 when my son will be here. let's say a new week starts on sunday. so from right now thru next sat. nite you are in charge.

you've been pretty quiet this week for the most part. i will work under the same asumption i do with scott - silence means all is ok. i expect you to speak up if you disagree or feel at any time that i am making decisions you should be involved in.

i would have asked you to confirm about making ksv a supermod but it semed like you already had a positive opinion about him. he and i had a long set of pm's back and forth beffore i felt confident about adding him as a mod at all. he admits he would have a hard time being an authority and "enforcing" site rules. however, i think he is great in faq where it is more a matter of technical know how and willing to read all the tech stuff to look for good threads. he did such a great job with the index for faq's that i felt he earned the right to be able to fully do his job independently and figured you'd agree.

just confirming that i am taking over the help mail as of now. i haven't seen anything come thru since yesterday so no danger of overlapping. :)

just confirming that it is now your turn and the latest "query-banned" is yours.

Ed I was thinking, since you seem to be so active with all the mods and stuff why don't I just stick to handling all the email?

I mean, I check the forums almost everyday and try to keep up on the scene, but you seem to be me to all the juicy issues! :)

that would be real cool with me. not that i don't want tyou to be active in those things as well - but i think you've got a point - i tend to end up being the one to deal with moderation issues more often and leading the reorganization and all. just let me know if you're going to be absent for a day or more so i can cover it then.

thanks Scott :)

Back