MacOS 10 on Intel.

terran74

The thread killer
What if you have it all wrong? What if apple is working on an iPad, or some new reincarntion of the old Messagepad 2000 on an Intel Strongarm processor?

What if Apple on Intel turns out to be a brand new Messagepad running MacOS 10 instead of NewtonOS? What if it is MacOS 10 with NewtonOS as "classic" mode?

Has anyone confirmed what intel chip Apple is toying with? Is it x86 or strongarm?

Newton used strongarm processors if people remember. It's last chip was a 167 Mhz strongarm to be exact. Apple has since divested in ARM.

Originally posted by terran74
What if you have it all wrong? What if apple is working on an iPad, or some new reincarntion of the old Messagepad 2000 on an Intel Strongarm processor?

What if Apple on Intel turns out to be a brand new Messagepad running MacOS 10 instead of NewtonOS? What if it is MacOS 10 with NewtonOS as "classic" mode?

Has anyone confirmed what intel chip Apple is toying with? Is it x86 or strongarm?

Newton used strongarm processors if people remember. It's last chip was a 167 Mhz strongarm to be exact. Apple has since divested in ARM.
Absolutely amazing. How many times do you have to read Steve Jobs's statement that the PDA market is dying before you will believe that Apple has no intentions of jumping onto that sinking ship?

Originally posted by MisterMe
Absolutely amazing. How many times do you have to read Steve Jobs's statement that the PDA market is dying before you will believe that Apple has no intentions of jumping onto that sinking ship?

Did I say it would be a PDA? I said it would be MacOS 10 on a new Messagepad 2000 -like device. Perhaps a Tablet Macintosh. Jobs said the PDA market is dying but also has hinted that there could be something that comes after the PDA market. That is why everyone is considering the whole iPhone thing. Could this be it instead or as well?

Notice I said iPad and not iPDA. Big Difference.

why would one want to lug around a tablet with spotty handwriting regcognition when lugging around a laptop takes just as much space/weight and it has a keyboard?

edit: and not have to deal with losing a stylus.

Back