MacOs X and 2906 scsi card

jomaan

Super Bull
Hello people!!
I'm new in OsX use, and Have a question....
Exist any driver to use Adaptec 2906 scsi card with OS X? or OS X auto recognizes the card??

many thx

Did not test card yet but I know I can't sleep my G4 400 AGP /no gig ether - funny sauce my machine will deep sleep in OS 9

I'm Running a PM G4/450 with a scsi 2930 and works fine with betas of OS X, mac sleeps perfect, but I can't tryed a final version of Os X yet. When I test I'll post a resume of problems with this cards.

I'll tell you now that no you can use your scsi card. I have the adaptec 2940 Dual, X won't boot up with the card in it. So when want to play with X, I haave open up my computer everytime to take it out. When I want to use my Nice Microtek Scanner x6EL, Tape drive, Jaz Drive. Well you what i have to do.

I wish Apple had told us before we brought the NEW OS, that we won't have scsi use.

Have you tried it with a real terminator fitted, as opposed to the software termination? I ripped mine out (2906 card) to install OS X but then I read later on that in order for the OS X disc to boot with a 3rd party SCSI card, you have to install a terminator. I will try that soon, but I was wondering if anyone else had?

Regards,

malcolmx

Originally posted by malcolmx
Have you tried it with a real terminator fitted, as opposed to the software termination? I ripped mine out (2906 card) to install OS X but then I read later on that in order for the OS X disc to boot with a 3rd party SCSI card, you have to install a terminator. I will try that soon, but I was wondering if anyone else had?

Regards,

malcolmx

OK malcolmx I'll try a physical terminator, then I'll post a message telling if it works.....

I to have a 2906 scsi card, which was in my mac but i have ripped it out and put it into my PC so i can still burn Cd's. I read up on the adaptec page that they will be supporting OSX.
( http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/pr...acintosh&prodkey=mac_osx_info&type=Technology ) Sorry for the big url.

They had drivers for the osx PB but those have been recalled as they dont work on osx 10.0 (just what you want)

If you keep checking back with the adaptec page above or version tracker you will see when the new versions come out. I have emailed adaptec about this but yet to get a reply which im not that happy about.

If anyone has got there 2906 card to work in classic please let me know to. It didnt do anything for me :(

I have run OS X on a secondary system with the 2906 SCSI card. Initially it did not work, terminating the drive allowed me to run OS X, haven't put anything on it, so i don't know if native drivers work or if we're waiting for Adaptec to put out new drivers.

TO dleonis: Apple made repeated warnings that some SCSI device and controllers would not work in the initial release of OS X. it was plastered all over the OS X pages.

Ciao

PS - There is a working Adaptec 78xx extension in the /System/Library/Extensions folder, as well as three other native SCSI drivers (ACard, don't know if that is Adaptec or some other card man.).

hello. i have adaptec 2906 scsi card. it working fine both classik and osx. but in osx drivers not cant make too fast transfer rate. before im installed osx, i removed the scsi car. when done installation, i put my card in the pci slot again. and i always usin a terminator in the scsi chain...
but i have a proble. when i us osx, and eject the scsi disk (unmount procces) and remove from the chain (power off, its an external scsi disk) i cant remount again later. anybody can help me in remuont or mount proccess usage whithout rebooting? i hate reboot my os.

ciao

G3 350 B&W

Back