MacOS X Connectivity Problem

manofsteel300

Registered
I seem to have a problem with the internet. Macos X has trouble with any browser or any internet application to connect to the internet. After Internet Explorer times out i try it again and immediately it recognizes the host and will load. Then sometimes it will subsequently continue to be able to use the website and sometimes not. In either case when i switch host i run into the same problem. I know this is not a hardware problem because through classic (booting up into 0S9) it works fine. Any ideas?
I am using Macos 10.1.3, dhcp from airport though i am hardwired in. Thanks

The Internet Connection module for OSX is the most poorly written huck of software for this fine OS. It's defects and limitations having been discussed on this forum many times. There are unoffical fixes that can be applied to correct some of the problems, but so far all the pleas to Apple have fallen on deaf ears! Let us hope that a major rewrite is in the works to be release in a early future release.

Well thanks for the information but i have a feeling that it is a result from updating to 10.1.3. I used software update to uptdate ibut it froze in teh mniddle leaving all kinds of stuff all over the place..because it didnt finish installing.. i downloaded the full update from apple and installed it so i have a working system but its slow theres still junk left over from the installer and my internet is kaput. what are teh unofficial fixes?

Back