MacOS X Sucks

Yeah, I know this discussion for years.

But I think Henry DOESN'T have Mac OS X, and that he has only once seen an Apple IIe or something.

If Henry should have Mac OS X, he would know 'the power of Aqua', even in a Beta version.

And then, Henry is talking about <STRIKE> Windowz 95 </STRIKE> - Sorry guys that I'm using this word - !

How do you dare? And in what year do you live?
I think he's using <word above striked>, and that he has seen http://www.apple.com/macosx/aqua and he can't believe it's a button so he only mad and he thinks it's made with Photoshop - for Mac, of course.

Come on Henry. You're here on macosx.com
else goto http://www.ilikewindows95soverymuchthatithinkmacosxbetawasmadewith-
photoshop.com

AppleWatcher

The Mac OS always had features Windows copied in a bad way, I think.
What I like about Mac OS 9 (classic) is its HIGH degree of customisebility.
You can change almost te whole OS..(the look anyway LOL)
And all with such ease of use. Like with programs like Kaleidoscope and stuff.
Ok, extensions cause conflicts but they can do funny things (just drop an extension
in the extensions folder and suddenly your Mac will play piano,LOL)
OS X (OS 10!) is still an infant, I am sure all the ways to make it a pleasnt OS as
9 will be dreamed up for OS X as well.
I hope so, anyway!!
In my opinion an OS should confirm to your wishes and not the other way round.
...OS 9 does, OS X doesnt (yet, I hope)
Forget windows, it is a boring sterile OS. The reason I love Mac is becoz the OS
always had a lot of humor in it, much ease of use and so on.
I use windows in Virtual PC, I do not like it..It always has me beating around the bush.
One of the prime things of the Mac OS is Sherlock..want to find somethin on your drive, or on the web.. Sherlock will take care of it! And fast too!
To my knowledge there is no such app build into windows. (hahahahaha)

Oh, and pleae to all of you who speak about Mac OS X version 1.0...
STOP!! you mean Mac OS 10 1.0? just stop it :)

and now: PLEAD to dedicated Mac users..
My comments are about the way you minimize windows in OS X.
I have mentioned this to Apple, but only now did I realize HOW IMPORTANT it really is.
In my opinion the FUTURE of the Mac OS (and Apple computers) could depend on it.
(as far as being a pleasant OS and the leader in the graphic field is concerned)
Let\'s say I am working in my favorite graphics or webdesign program...Sometimes I am
working on 5 documents at the same time, copying and pasting from one document to the other.
If one or more documents (or pallettes for that matter) are in the way, I can just click the titlebalk
and it/they collapse to a neat bar. I can then drag them out of the way, but can easily find again when
I want to work on it again, coz\' they remain on the desktop.(this is such a COOL feature, only the Mac OS has it!)
Then I imagined the same scenario working in Mac OS X... HORROR!!Every document or palette would
dissappear into the dock BUT...in the dock are many, many icons already (no Apple menu, you see...)
What HORROR it will be to find the right document again between all those tiny icons...
(want to work on \'doc.1\'...first go to the dock, find it,work on it, click it to send it to the dock again,
want to work on \'doc.2\'...first go to the dock, find it, click it... NEED I GO ON?)
I really and strongly believe that the \'old\' way of minimizing SHOULD be maintained in OS X.
There SHOULD be an option to choose between OS 9 style and OS X style minimizing,
becoz when working in graphics or webdesign applications the \'new\' style is HIGHLY impractible!

If you agree with me, please go over to Apple\'s Mac OS X feedback page to voice your opinion
http://www.apple.com/macosx/beta/feedback.html

If we do it NOW we might still be in time!
Okee, thank you!

There seems some confusion here, I have an Athlon 1000Mhz, and a G4 500Mhz, when running any Photoshop command the G4 is about 64% faster. Both machines have 128MB RAM available for Photoshop. The athlon is running Windows ME, the G4 OS 9.01. When running OS X on G4 it still beats the Athlon in Classic mode. May be the previous comparison forgot to adjust the memory allocated in Photoshop for the Mac??
As for OS X, I have given it 8/10, to put this into perspective Windows ME gets 4/10. OS X will have some problems but no where near as many as Windows NT, 2000, ME, 98....
May be before people compare operating systems they should learn how to use them. I suggest it is rarely the operating system at fault, more often an arogent incompetant user who fails to recognise their own failures.
May be I\'m unfair, but Apple OS\'s are always faster than Wintel equivalents for major work, Mac\'s are sometimes slow, Wintel boxes usually crash and die given a sniff of serious work. (Try rendering a 1.3GB CMYK Photoshop file on a 1.1GhzAthlon and see how far that gets before the Mac has finished)

I'll start off by telling you what I do. I'm a system administrator for a rather large isp. I will admit that I tend to be a huge UNIX fan because of my job but that doesn't matter in this situation.
Mac OS X is something that windows users just can't and won't understand. I am a windows user mcse, have a pc , own ibooks powerbooks and a G4. As with any OS out there its only what you make it. If you look into OS X what can you say you dont' like about it. Is it not fast enough for you? hmm fast for me... Is it not robust enough and powerfull enough for you? hmm well it does more than windows can at the moment because of the BSD kernel. Oh yea.. are you saying it sucks because it doesnt crash when one simple app crashes? Well I'll stop bashing because as I said I'm a multiplatform user. But the point being you can't diss something you know nothing about and have no clue the power of. In my opinion this could be the best consumer OS to ever hit the market. I guess we will all see but me I will have my copy March 24. Its up to you if you want to learn yourself.
-Smileyq

Back