MacOSx.com is history

I think some one is playing a joke and hijacked our site. If Scott sold any part of 'his baby' he would have told us up front. I have sent an alert to him.

I as curious about this myself. I thought I had selected the wrong bookmark but when I went back to the one for the forum it redirected me to the Apple website for Mac OS X.

Thank goodness I remembered about the No Wonder! forum.

I *DIDN'T* remember the nowonder name and had to go through a google cache of macosx.com. ;)

Well, a friend of mine was on the server last night, I was letting him test something he was doing on his own and he thought he would make a joke and redirect my IP address to Apple's website. Well, he wrote the mod_rewrite wrong and instead of sending me to Apple's website, he sent everyone else and I was greeted with the regular website.

Took me a little bit to figure out what was going on, but the log files showed that indeed people where not insane and it was redirecting traffic.

Anyhow, all is good and I can now laugh about it.

Well, a friend of mine was on the server last night, I was letting him test something he was doing on his own and he thought he would make a joke and redirect my IP address to Apple's website. Well, he wrote the mod_rewrite wrong and instead of sending me to Apple's website, he sent everyone else and I was greeted with the regular website.

Took me a little bit to figure out what was going on, but the log files showed that indeed people where not insane and it was redirecting traffic.

See? It's all fun and games until someone pokes their site out. :p

I had three emails in my inbox when I got up this morning, all from members of the mod crew, which is what spawned me to look into it. Afterall, the site was not redirecting for me, so had no one said anything, I would have not known.

Should that be "ex-friend"? :)

It could have been worse: At least he didn't set it to microsoft.com. :)

Or tubgirl.

Or goatse.

t_goatse_tree_orgy_116.jpg

HEhEEheHeEH

Although I don't know if either of those would be worse than Microsoft.com. :D

Wow, i was panicking about this, i thought it was the end of this wonderful place. Your friend got me good scott :)

Well I thought you finally became a millionaire Scott by selling the domain to Apple. Hey maybe that would be a possibility.:)

Back