Macosx.com Mug (was: Shame on MacOSX for Emailing Me)

ChicagoLarry

Registered
I do NOT appreciate being spammed by this site. Shame on this forum for shamelessly spamming its members to hawk a TEE SHIRT, for god's sake. CUT IT OUT.

Gee got a head ache now

Think the t-shirts are cool, the email didn't feel like a spam to me, it's something I subscribed to and they just informed me, they have t-shirts for sale if I want one. If you don't want one, just ignore the link they put in the email.

Seen worse spamming and if macosx gives my email out to be spammed by anyone else, well those HUGE letters would be Red as well. But I'm sure they won't do that.

Wasn't it nice that it was a plain text email and not full of graphics downloaded from some other web server?

Hey macosx when the caps and coffe mugs come out could you email me and not ChicagoLarry, ta:D

We'd be happy to not include Larry if he would just unset his mail settings in the Forums control panel to not receieve email from forum administrators. 15,000 members have opted to not get the mail, so I don't think it's a hidden feature. ;)

I'll be happy to send out a complimentary email on the hat and coffee mug.

You'd figure that all Mac users would be able to figure something out like opting out of the e-mails in the Forums control panel. Go figure....I guess every group's gotta have em. :rolleyes:

I kind of expected to get e-mails especially since I frequent this site. I figure if I want to be a part of the site I would want to get some updates about it as well. :rolleyes:

ScottW said:
We'd be happy to not include Larry if he would just unset his mail settings in the Forums control panel to not receieve email from forum administrators. 15,000 members have opted to not get the mail, so I don't think it's a hidden feature. ;)

-That may be true but perhaps he did not notice that option because of the feature's lack of huge capitals? :p

G

I'll drink to that.... when i get my macosx mug.

sorry ChicagoLarry, no hard feelings, think the large text got over our heads

Big letters. Big man. Small fuse.
For **** sake man, get a grip, it's just an email about some T-Shirts they've made. I didn't want one, but I didn't throw a dicky fit over it.

Perhaps you need some attention, nothing wrong with that I guess, we all need some from time to time. So I'll give you some now Sandra, if I may call you that. Now, take a deep breath and untie to pink lace knickers you've got in such an oh-so-mess and pop down that chill pill, that's a good girl. Now, go lay on a sofa and stay off the forums for a few days and gain some perspective, the 'time of the month' will have passed by then and you can enjoy your spam again, try it with some eggs - you'll like it, if you're into pork and ham. Me, I can't stomach it, but this is about you sweetcakes, not me.

There, lots of attention. ;-)

ChicagoLarry said:
I do NOT appreciate being spammed by this site. Shame on this forum for shamelessly spamming its members to hawk a TEE SHIRT, for god's sake. CUT IT OUT.

This is in the wrong forum. Spam, eh? :p

I don't think that Scott and Co are just out to spam people. They're simply excited about their shirt, and they want to share it with the community - a very strong community.

It's as simple as either blocking the email address, or just unsubscribing from the Mac OS X mailing list. Meaning, just change your email address. Personally I don't see how it is such a large problem, I see the email, it doesn't interest me (in respect), I move on. Isn't that what people do? It doesn't make it spam. I receive emails from Apple, and I rarely ever actually do anything about them (I don't just immediately go to the apple website and buy the product shown), but I don't call it spam.

I want one as I drink a lot of coffee,
if it can be shipped to switzerland I'd appreciate :p

Back