MacOSX.com word association!

Ventimille, Italia... the strangest town I have ever been in. Imagine spending 6 hours driving around Italy searching for A PLACE, ANY PLACE, THAT MAKES LASAGNE, MANICOTTI or RAVIOI! And NEVER finding one? In 6 hours? How's that for unusual?

Idiotic name, too... it means "2000" in Italian (right?)

(edited to add the meaning of the name)

Originally posted by Bluefusion
Ventimille, Italia... the strangest town I have ever been in. Imagine spending 6 hours driving around Italy searching for A PLACE, ANY PLACE, THAT MAKES LASAGNE, MANICOTTI or RAVIOI! And NEVER finding one? In 6 hours? How's that for unusual?

Idiotic name, too... it means "2000" in Italian (right?)

(edited to add the meaning of the name)

Uck. After reading that Calvin and Hobbes cartoon about manicotti, I've always had an aversion to them for some reason. I've tried them and they're fine, but I just get a bad reaction because of that cartoon. :p

By the way, you don't need to spend six hours driving around to find good food. Every restaurant makes some good kind of pasta, and they almost always have ravioli. As for manicotti, I'm not even sure if that's Italian, because in most of my experiences, I haven't had them at my relatives' house or at many restaurants.

Anyway, what's wrong with the name "Ventimille"? (By the way, yes it does mean 2000.)

Anyway, my word is annoying. :rolleyes: :p

Back