MacOSX.com word association!

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato

(I don't think a lot of people realize what BLT stands for before they order it, then when it comes, they're all surprised to see a very mediocre and meat deprived sandwich sitting in front of them.)

lunch

(Here's one for the foreigners [amongst whose numbers I count myself, despite the fact that I was born in the UK and live in that country now]: the British, for some reason, don't do breakfast, lunch and dinner, but breakfast, dinner and tea. Late at night, one might also have supper. Never quite worked that one out and still get confused! And it seems to be a class thing…)

liquid

CaptainQuark...the British said:
breakfast[/B], lunch and dinner, but breakfast, dinner and tea. Late at night, one might also have supper. Never quite worked that one out and still get confused! And it seems to be a class thing…)

The breakfast/dinenr/tea thing is more northern/working class thing as i understand it, as a soft southerner i always had lunch and dinner, nor dinner and tea.

television!!!

(Oh yes, and by the way, a recent medical study concludes that sleep is a result of caffenine deficiency. Go us!)

Back