MacOSX install

PoweMACuser

Registered
I have come across a funny problem. I think nobody can solve this problem. But I really need help.

The problem is : AFTER INSTALL MAC OS X, THE PACKAGE(APPLICATION) BECOMES FOLDER, THE X REFUSES TO TREAT IT AS APPLICATION AND REFUSES TO RUN IT.

I come across this when use terminal application. It says that internet explorer.app is a folder. But now, even in X, it appears as folder. X doesn't run it. So I can't run any program including system preference. I only can log out. The shit is that the folder of user (when using home to go back to home directary) is treated as a program. It says that I don't have sufficent privillege to open the program and says the home directory is temparily unavailable.

I think nobody come across this problem, nobody can solve this problem because your utilities now is folder. It can't be run. The problem is remained unrepaired. I can't find any program under OS 9 which is able to fix this problem.

Search the forum. You need to remove some files and restart. This is a common problem for people who installed over the PB or other builds that came out before the final.

Back