MacOSX Leopard

Perfectly compatible with both PowerPC and intel Macs. Detailed compatibility either is or will be available on apple.com ...

It's going to be for both platforms. So far, it's rumored that the G3 Macs will be dropped but we will find out for sure as we get closer to the release date.

I wonder for how long though?

I can't even give away my older machines. Doesn't do me much good to have Macs with a long life when I can't install OSes or software on them.

Then use eBay. Older Macs get good prices. Those oooooooooooooooooold PowerMac G4s can still run Tiger and probably will run Leopard, so I don't quite see the thing here, rubaiyat. Unless you mean your PM 8500/120 can't run Leopard. But that train has gone when Apple officially declined support for pre-G3 hardware for the _original_ OS X more than half a decade ago. The other oldish but OS X supported hardware runs 10.3.9 AFAIK, and that means it runs most newer software. No big.

yeah ebay is great for selling older macs. I just sold my old upgraded powerbook G3 pismo (upgraded to a G4 with a superdrive) for $711.99.

Back