Macromedia Studio 8 Poor Performance

cory1848

Registered
Has anyone run into performance problems with Studio 8? I just installed it and the performance is really bad. Switching from app to app I get the spinning beachball and initiating certain commands gives me the beachball as well. Last for about 10-15 seconds. Really hard to work this way. So far its Flash 8, DW 8, and Fireworks 8 that are the culprits...Any suggestions to speed this up?

Running dual 867 G4 1.25 gigs of ram, Tiger 10.4.2.

Seems odd on my Intel iMac too. At first I was all excited as Dreamweaver has some great new features. But I saw the beachball more than I wanted too when switching from one app to Dreamweaver or Fireworks. Not sure the hang up either. I thought it was an Intel issue. ;)

cory1848 said:
Has anyone run into performance problems with Studio 8? I just installed it and the performance is really bad. Switching from app to app I get the spinning beachball and initiating certain commands gives me the beachball as well. Last for about 10-15 seconds. Really hard to work this way. So far its Flash 8, DW 8, and Fireworks 8 that are the culprits...Any suggestions to speed this up?

Running dual 867 G4 1.25 gigs of ram, Tiger 10.4.2.

Ok, dont take this as gospel, but use APPLE FONT BOOK and reduce the number of fonts that you have running, as well as any that may be duplicates or corrupted. I turned off every font that wasnt listed in ALL FONTS>COMPUTER.

Once I did this everything was fine and no more beachball! Odds are you're having the same issue while using MS WORD.

Im running Flash 8 on OSX 10.3.9 1.25ghz g4 1gig of RAM.

Lemme know if this helps...I couldnt find any answers to this anywhere so i just started back tracking because at one point in time the app did actually work fine. I also used Panther Cache Cleaner, but didnt see any immediate results with the spinning beach ball problem.

I also noticed that it seems like FLASH is reloading those fonts everytime the window is put back in focus which is why it probably takes so long. But this does not occur when u do not have an actual flash document open. (i.e on the options and splash page)

Back