Macsales.com/OWC Battery: Very Disappointed

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
My new battery replacement came yesterday, and I'm very disappointed. 1) It's made crappy and it doesn't mold exactly to the battery slot like the original Apple battery did. Plus, it's not even the same COLOR as my iBook - it's a shade or two a different white. And 2) OWC claims that this 55-watt battery has a much higher capacity than the original Apple battery (which is why I splurged and paid more money for it), and that is a completely bogus statement. It does NOT have more battery life; it's the same! :(

Yeah, I was going to do just that. But my friend bought the same battery and his is the same way! I guess they're all made in a crappy quality like that. Too bad ... I thought OWC was a good company. First time buying from them - and the last time.

is there not a 14-day absolute satisfaction guarantee?

as clearly, you would not have bought it had you known these defects?

is there not a 14-day absolute satisfaction guarantee?

as clearly, you would not have bought it had you known these defects?
It’s important to send it back. Retailers hate returns (I should know) and returning it will let them know it’s an unsatisfactory product so they may find a better alternative.

It's no problem. I've contacted OWC, and they said I could return it within 30 days of shipment. Actually, I've decided to keep the battery (apparently, they're all made that way) and return the iSkin (which I ordered at the same time as the battery), because it makes it horribly difficult to type.

Back