MacSoft may lose its market

aicul

Registered
I say "MacSoft" because I don't know how other game editors manage licensing. MacSoft, in many games, uses the fact that you have "physical access" to the game DVD as a pre-requisite to start the game. Although an outright ANNOYANCE, I can live with it because I purchase my games, software, etc..

Anyway, now I have just pre-ordered the MacBookAir, and did NOT take the optional external DVD drive.

Point is, I will not be able to play AOE any more when traveling for business because the MacBookAir had no DVD, so I will have to find some other game for my airline lounge/hotel pauses.

Guess it won't be MacSoft, and any other editor that uses the same licensing technique..

That's mostly the reason I've given up on games in general for all computers.
They are so paranoid about "security and piracy" that it has become an annoyance, rather than a "experience", to play. I've had games, that after buying, was unable to even load due to their "security implements".

While traveling, I recommend a Game Boy or PSP, etc...
Have fun and save your sanity... ;)

If it's safedisc protection there's not much you can do about it, but if you just play single player mode, there are plenty of No CD patches that can be found on google. Though linking to them would likely be against the terms of service on any message board.

Back