MacStyles...are you using the vinyl decal?What's your style?

caribooyj

... somewhere in B.C. ...
I had a problem with small black spots developing on the surface of my McBook Pro. The area affected was mostly below the keyboard and on the left and right of the trackpad (where my palms are resting). At first I thought it's just dirt but soon realized it's not reparable and must be caused by sweat. Before the problem could get worse, I've decided to order and try MacPads from a company called MacStyles.
A few days ago I've received the vinyl sticker and applied it... I knew it would drive me crazy if it wouldn't be applied just right and really took my time and followed the instructions. While I've managed to apply it quite parallel to the edges I could not apply it completely without tiny bubbles. Again, I took my time and was extremely careful, not sure what else I could have done. The bubbles are tiny and most users wouldn't even be bothered by them, I guess.
While the MacPads are doing a great job in protecting the surface from future damage by sweat, I'm not 100% happy with the look. O.K. its kinda funky and adds color, but it does take away from the classiness of the beautiful design, in my opinion. The MacPads cost approx. $10.00, so it might be worth a try if you have the same "black spot" issues.
I would certainly not order the MacStyles for the cover of my MacBook and can't imagine how one would apply them without bubbles, given the amount of pressure necessary to apply the vinyl decal.

Attachments

• DSCF0488.JPG
    DSCF0488.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
While I've managed to apply it quite parallel to the edges I could not apply it completely without tiny bubbles. Again, I took my time and was extremely careful, not sure what else I could have done. The bubbles are tiny and most users wouldn't even be bothered by them, I guess.

Just a quick update to report the small bubbles have disappeared after 4, 5 days. Looks much better now and I'm quite happy with the decal.

Looks like a neat way of personalizing the 'Books too.
I'll be curious to see how long the vinyl will last in use. So feel free to update if it will look significantly different in the future ;)

I will update, no problem. I've ordered a few decals, so I might be tempted to switch styles prior to it fading or wearing off.

I never knew MacBook Pros still had the old iBook/PowerBook keys. I assumed they would have the new MacBook keys.

Back