MacTheRipper/Toast 10 Titanium - Making DVD Backups Issues

mitchdoner

Registered
Hello all,

I am trying to make backup copies of DVD movies that I own. I used to be using Handbrake to decode the DVD's, but after their latest updates, I was forced to switch programs. I just started using Mac the Ripper and iSkysoft's Video Converter tonight, and am having issues already. I am using Mac the Ripper fine (I think), and have burned VIDEO_TS folders successfully.

The main problem lies with Toast 10 Titanium, that I have recently purchased. I'm not an expert at this kind of stuff, so I read the manual. I have gone to the "Video" tab, and selected "VIDEO_TS Folders" so that I can drag my VIDEO_TS folder of the movie i'm attempting to copy, but every time I drag that VIDEO_TS folder, the file does not drag over, and Toast takes me to the "DVD Copy" tab automatically. When I select the big red record button, it says that there is nothing to record.

The file that Mac the Ripper spits out into a VIDEO_TS folder is a .VOB file. When I add it into Toast, it is not able to read that file, hence why I purchased iSkysoft's Video Converter.

The first time I tried it, I used the iSkysoft Video Converter software and converted the .VOB file to a .MP4 file, then burned that .MP4 file with Toast. It completed within 10 minutes (unusually fast for a 4.82 GB DVD (compresed to 4.7 GB) ???), and nothing happened in my DVD player. Anytime I pressed play, it stopped a second after.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Any help pointing me in the right direction would greatly be appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

IDK exactly what you are doing wrong... I had some issues with mac the ripper files as well, but when it comes to toast i found it was easiest to burn an .avi file. When I started the movie as an .avi file toast converted it into video ts file

I have a fairly foolproof method I use:
1. Rip with mactheripper
2. "Shrink" with DVDremaster
3. Insert blank DVD--Open "shrunken" folder, highlight VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders and drag them to the "Blank DVD" icon in the sidebar.
4. Click on "Blank DVD" icon--hit burn.

I've never used Toast, or saw a reason to.

Good luck

Back