MacTheRipper

LCpl_KaBar

Registered
Every time I rip a movie it comes out as 4 or more seperate files. First off, how do i make it just one file and how do I get it to be a format other than .VOB? Thanks

MTR is a ripper, so it will only extract the files from the DVD... several files if you rip the whole DVD... two (movie+audio) if you extract one chapter

But you'll get .VOB files as DVD contains VOB files

To obtain other format (like .AVI or DIVX), you need to re-encode what you've ripped, using specilized tools, like for instance Handbrake: http://handbrake.m0k.org/?article=details

Regards
Philippe

To get the main feature in a single .vob file, select the "Mode" tab and select "Title Only Extraction" from the pull-down menu. MacTheRipper will select the longest feature as the main feature ("MP"), although you can select other features. You can rename the resulting .vob file as an .mpeg file because it is an MPEG-2 file. (Does anyone know if there are there exceptions, where the .vob file is not MPEG-2?) I use VisualHub to convert to other formats as needed.

Edit to add: I usually open the .vob file in MPEG Streamclip to check for timecode breaks (Edit > Fix Timecode Breaks, then File > Convert to MPEG... to save the fixed file).

Okay, I've got another question for you now. When I do Title Only extraction I get one file which is what I want. But the when I try to compress that file the program I use (DVD2oneX2) says that it can't do it because it "doesn't contain a valid dvd file set. So now what do I do? Does anyone know another program I can use...preferably a free one...or some way I can fix this? Thanks.

Back