Magic Mouse Replacement

hallatie

Registered
Can anyone recommend a decent Bluetooth mouse to replace my Magic Mouse?

I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard connected to my Mac Pro as I hate having a bunch of wires lying on my desk. The keyboard works great. I hated using the mighty mouse since it had to be connected to a USB port so I decided to buy the Magic Mouse when it came out - I actually bought two, one for the Mac Pro and a second for my MacBook Pro.

I have been able to connect the Magic Mouse to the system with no problems. However, over the past several months I have been using the Mac more for work and have been running into an irritating problem with the Magic Mouse. (I also have a PC that I predominantly used previously and still use a fair amount since I have a lot of software that is PC specific and I don't want to go through the hassle of installing and running that software on the Mac.)

So anyway, what has been happening is in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, the Magic Mouse has become a major irritant as it has a nasty habit of bouncing all over the place. Well, not really, but what happens is the mouse is so sensitive, the slightest touch anywhere on the side of the mouse causes it to move the page/illustration, etc. This has become incredibly irritating as you're working on a page in a document in InDesign and all of a sudden the page has shifted up or down, left or right to the point you are on another page in the document. Same thing in Illustrator so then you have to scroll back to where you want to be.

Before I bought the Magic Mouse I had tried using a Logitech bluetooth mouse with the Mac's but they had major problems, which is why I decided to go with the Magic Mouse.

This has become so infuriating that I'm actually considering hooking up a wired mouse, which would be another pain since none of the Mac wired mouses have cords long enough to reach from the back of the Mac Pro, which is on the floor next to my desk.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to a reasonable bluetooth mouse alternative to the Magic Mouse?

Thanks

Back