Mail 1.1 Change SMTP port (question)

evlampiy

Registered
Hello all,

I am new to this forum.
May be that question has already been answered many times but may be not. Even it was answered could you please repeat the answer for me.

Q: I am trying to setup my Mail 1.1 client ( it was preinstalled by Apple ) to send emails thru the SMTP server which uses non standard port ( instead of port 25 it uses 35001 )
I could not find the place to change that. I tryed to put colon and space as a divider in IP address space - that did not work. Is there any other place to point "Mail 1.1" to the correct port without installing of the firewall and redirection the ports from there?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Regards.

I'm having the same problem. There doesn't seem to be a field in Mail 1 to change the SMTP default port (25). In Outlook Express it's easy to find: "Click here for advance sending options." Thanks in advance.

I don't have ver 1., but in version 2, in the Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings, the port can be changed.

Thanks Bob (what a quick response). I saw this for Mail 2 on several other posts, but can't find it for Mail 1. For some reason it's different and not as easily accessible. ... True Grit, Caballero.

Mail 1.3.3
Choose Mail > Preferences and click Accounts.
Select an account.
In the Account Information pane, choose Edit Server List from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) pop-up menu.

Back