mail 10.2

mattsuzu

Registered
have a machine that mail will not open at all. anybody know where i could source an install disk that has this version on it? or anybody able to send me a dmg? or possibly tell me how to find the preference file for mail so i can try removing that first

'have a machine' - are we to assume you are referring to the G3 B/W tower ... clocked at 400mhz, 640mb RAM, 60 GB hard drive, DL DVD burner ... operating OS 10.4.3?

'anybody know where i could source an install disk that has this version on it? ...' - any 'Tiger Install Disc'. Use 'Pacifist' to extract the 'Mail' application.

'... or anybody able to send me a dmg?' - 'Mail' (version 2.0.x) is 43.9 MB in size, when '.zip'ed - it is 16.5 MB or when '.dmg'ed - it is 18.5 MB.

'or possibly tell me how to find the preference file' - in the '~/Library/Preferences/' folder.

----

Nor was it mentioned whether you attempted to 'Repair Permissions' via 'Disk Utility'.

mattsuzu said:
the application will not open whatsoever so i cannot create another account...
I was not talking about creating another account in Mail. I was talking about creating another user account on the machine. You see, often primary user accounts get corrupted. New accounts are pristine. You can isolate problems on your computer by comparing the behavior of new accounts to that of used accounts.

Back