Mail.app 1.3.11

underquaker

Registered
When I click on mail first of all 2 windows open up. Then at the top it says "reading table of contents" When a click on the swirl to see what is in the activity viewer it says reading table of contents. That's all it does. It never finishes reading and my past emails and new ones never appear in the box. When I try to exit it won't let me and I have to force quit to get out of it. I'm running mac osx 10.3.9 Please help me I need my email back.

Kirk

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my end. I'm at a point I don' t know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
wade

underquaker said:
When I click on mail first of all 2 windows open up. Then at the top it says "reading table of contents" When a click on the swirl to see what is in the activity viewer it says reading table of contents. That's all it does. It never finishes reading and my past emails and new ones never appear in the box. When I try to exit it won't let me and I have to force quit to get out of it. I'm running mac osx 10.3.9 Please help me I need my email back.

Kirk

Really really sounds like the problem is with the index itself. Might be able to solve this by specifically _deleting_ the index. Bit of handwork, there, but might be worth it.

Back