Mail.app - a way to quickly copy JUST the email?

roninsmurf

Registered
been using MacMail for a month now, and I'm a bit confused by the written out NAME that always accompanies the email addy.
when I send someone an email that says, "<Joanne the skinny lawyer Polson> joanne@law.com" does she SEE that I'm calling her a skinny lawyer? (as a way to remember people, I've been putting notes with their names for years. maybe I gotta re-edit allll of my contacts? oy.)

additionally, when I try to copy the email addy for a contact -- or copy a huge batch of 300 names -- mac so 10.6.2 copies the email addy AND the name! ack! I want to drag 300 email addys into facebook, but it keeps giving me all the clutter of the contact as well. even when I want to just quickly click on one email addy and export it to another app, it wont do it simply. a real pain for me with my work.
any ideas? thanks in advance. I love this site.

The fix for the Copy Address command is shown here. As for your personal notes, their visibility by the recipient probably depends on the recipient's email/address book system and how it receives your messages. I can't say it will work the same way with everyone. However, for your purposes, you may prefer to input those notes as nicknames in your Address Book so you can then use them to add a recipient to a message you're sending if they're name is hard to remember.

Back