mail.app questions?

jcart12

Registered
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me why mail.app filters are not working. I set up some rules to automaticallly route all emails whose subject contains "project-bulder" to my Apple programming mail-box, but it doesn't work. They remain stubbornly in my inbox.

Any suggestions?

Also I have set-up mail app to download all of my mails from my pop account. However it doesn't then flag them for deletion on the pop server, thus I have to periodically access my pop account via the web-interface and delete them manually to avoid my mailbox from filling up. Is there possible to automate from the mail app?

I haven't found anything in the preferences.

regards
John

Originally posted by jcart12
Also I have set-up mail app to download all of my mails from my pop account. However it doesn't then flag them for deletion on the pop server, thus I have to periodically access my pop account via the web-interface and delete them manually to avoid my mailbox from filling up. Is there possible to automate from the mail app?
I haven't found anything in the preferences.

In Mail preferences, click Edit, then choose the 'Account Options' tab, and there's an option to delete messages after dowlnloading.

Thnx for the info.
Can't believe I missed that, because this was exactly the place that I had been looking. Eyes must not be working properly.:cool: :rolleyes:

As for Eudora I took a look at it and well this may sound stupid, but I chose not to use it for the simple reason that I find it ugly (Well compared to mail.app) and I like the dock update in the mail app. I guess I just like cocoa apps more. Plus I like the language support in mail app. I have friends in Korea and their emails don't crash mail.app plus being able to process french emails too.

Any other cocoa mail apps out there anywhere?

thnx again
John.

Back