Mail app - Sent messages not there

fuzz

Registered
my Mail.app is not keeping a copy of my sent messages under the "Sent" mailbox on my computer. I do not have the Sent messages stored on server either. It's really strange because I've this problem since using Panther. How do I set the Mail.app to store sent messages on my computer? Isn't it supposed to do that automatically?

Also, when I make a new message, it comes up with an error saying that it cannot save a copy of it (suppose for Draft). But it does save a Draft properly when I choose the "Save as Draft" button.

In your Mail Preferences, under Accounts, click on your mail account. Then click the Special Mailboxes tab. Under that tab, do you have "Store draft messages on the server" or "Store sent messages on the server" checked?

It wouldn't hurt to run the Repair Permissions operation in Disk Utility. It may not fix things, but it's a good thing to do when errors like this (can't write blah blah) appear.

fuzz said:
nope, they are not checked.

You'll have to check "Save sent messages" in order for it to save your sent messages. You can select the folder it saves them to as well with the drop-down menu.

Back