Mail application hanging

matchbox

Registered
I'm having trouble with the Mail application hanging. This appears to happen only when I click and drag a message from the Inbox to a
folder for filing, though it does not happen every time I do this. I am using version 1.2.5 and OSX10.2.8. Is there a fix or more recent version of Mail I should try? I did not find one at the Apple website.

I've been having trouble periodically with Mail (& 10.2.8). When I click on forward, Mail quits. And sometimes the delete icon is greyed out. I have to quit and restart it for it to appear.

Rather than dragging have you tried the transfer command in the Message menu?

Yes I did try that alternative but Mail still hangs occasionally - roughly 10% of
the time I try to file a message.

How much RAM do you have installed? It could be you have too many programs open when you work in Mail.

Try using the Disk Utility (In the Utility folder) to verify and repair permissions. It could be just a corrupt file some where and in that case, boot from the OS CD, go to the installer menu and select Disk Utility. Run that and have it verify and repair.

I have 1 Gigabyte of RAM. I typically have Safari, iTunes, Mail, and X11
open at the same time. I have run Disk Utility to repair permissions.

Cheryl said:
How much RAM do you have installed? It could be you have too many programs open when you work in Mail.

Try using the Disk Utility (In the Utility folder) to verify and repair permissions. It could be just a corrupt file some where and in that case, boot from the OS CD, go to the installer menu and select Disk Utility. Run that and have it verify and repair.

Back