Mail crash and pdf document stuck

tiesen

Registered
Some of my emails that I have already downloaded and read have disappeared leaving me with a message that says, "The message from ......concerning......has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it." I cannot move or delete these messages and can't find them anywhere else. If I try to open them, it looks like it will retrieve then the mail program quits unexpectedly.

I am using MAC OS 10.2.8 with Mail 1.2.5 (v553).

another problem: I have a pdf on my desktop that can't be opened by Adobe Acrobat, "there was an error opening this document. File is damaged and could not be repaired." and I also cannot drag it to the trash as it says, "... is being used by another task now. (other tasks include moving, copying, or emptying the trash." Try again when the other task is complete."

I have looked to see where there might be something happening, but can't find anything. Have emptied trash etc.

Can you help me
Teresa

'... pdf on my desktop that can't be opened by Adobe Acrobat ... an error opening this document ... File is damaged and could not be repaired ... and I also cannot drag it to the trash'.

Launch 'Terminal' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder), and enter

rm -rf

... include a space (via the 'Spacebar') after the 'f' in '-rf'.
Drag the Desktop based '.pdf' file onto the 'Terminal' window.
Click once on the 'Terminal' window, and press the <return> key.

Note: improper use of 'rm' can be quite damaging to ones Mac. Use at your own liability.

Back