Mail: Delete account and keep emails

colindunn

Registered
Hey everyone,

So I want to delete an account from my mail profile but I want to keep the emails associated with the account. Last time I removed an account it removed all the emails associated with that email address. Is there anyway to remove the account but keep the emails?

If you use Apple's email software, you should create a new mail folder, and transfer all the emails into that folder. See at the bottom left corner of the email software that show you "+" and "-". Click "+" to add a new folder.)

Then, go to Preferences, select Accounts, select Advanced. Uncheck all boxes. This will disappear all of your emails in one account, but I think that they will not be erased unless you select "-" at the bottom of the email window. (i.e. "+" add account and "-" remove account.)

If you cancel an ISP account, then you may want to save the emails in a new folder, and then delete the old account so that you wouldn't confuse that you send out a new email with your old email address by mistake.

Hey everyone,

So I want to delete an account from my mail profile but I want to keep the emails associated with the account. Last time I removed an account it removed all the emails associated with that email address. Is there anyway to remove the account but keep the emails?
1. Create the new account before you delete the old account.

2. Rotate the triangles for your Inbox and Sent messages to reveal the separate trays within for each account.

3. Drag your messages from your old tray to your new tray.

Back