Mail for OS X - live weblinks to PCs

hogwood

Registered
Hello,
My problem stems from working on a Mac in an organisation that only supports PCs.
Part of my daily routine involves sending out weblinks to other staff members. Despite my best efforts to remedy the situation, these links (although appearing live in my sent box) don't appear live when they arrive at the PC users.
I am composing in rich text and can't see what else it might be. I have checked my Mail settings against another Mac user in my office whose links do appear live at a PC so I have no idea what's going on.
Anyone with any suggestions?
I'm running OS X 10.3.9 and Mail 1.1.11 (v622)
Thanks,
Chris

I'm not using Mail right now. However, now I use Thunderbird and it has the same problem. I paste in a link, but it's just text. What you have to do, is, mark the text, then Insert/Hyperlink. It should automatically recognize the marked text as link so you just say OK then.

Whether the URL is recognized as a weblink, or not, is a function of the receiving email client, not the sending client. Most modern email clients, such as Mail, automatically recognize a fully qualified URL or email address as a weblink, whether the message is in plain text or rich text.

Thunderbird is wrapping HTML tags around the URL so that it appears correctly in email clients that do not automatically recognize weblinks but can handle HTML messages. This is all well and good unless it goes to someone with an email client that does not recognize HTML and there are no few of those out there.

Back